Elementary Science Safety
Providing a Safe Classroom Environment
This course covers the basics to providing a safe learning space for elementary students participating in science activities and experiments. The course provides guidance to anticipating and preventing hazardous situations while promoting hands-on learning with young students. This webinar includes aspects of classroom safety involving modeling and supervising safety procedures and classroom decorum. How to help students understand procedures and their responsibilities are discussed. In addition, animals in the classroom will be addressed.
After completing this 36 minute webinar, participants will be able to...
- Select and use appropriate eye, face and personal protection
- Safely store and handle chemicals in the classroom
- Maintain a safe learning space
- Locate and follow state and district regulations and guidelines
- Communicate with students and parent’s classroom guidelines and student responsibilities