Pacon Embellished Bowl
Embellish the Interior and Exterior of a Created Bowl Using Three Process Techniques
This lesson incorporates several artistic processes to culminate in a striking finished product. The base of the bowl is created using Plast'r Craft. The interior is embellished with a faux gold leaf technique using metallic papers. Lastly, the exterior of the bowl is decorated with yarn that has been individually dipped in Mod Podge and applied to the bowl.
After completing this 30 minute webinar, participants will be able to...
- Explore the artwork of other cultures
- Gain skills in 3 techniques of material application - metallic papers, plaster craft medium and yarn
- Create their own designs to style and embellish the exterior of the bowl form
Nadine Dresbach received her Masters and Undergraduate Degrees in Art Education from Kent State University. She began her teaching career at Canton City Schools and Kent State University in Ohio. In 1995 she was hired by Sax Arts and Crafts as an Art Consultant and Category Sales Manager representing School Specialty at conferences and professional development sessions. Nadine also creates artwork and lesson plans for the company. Her other teaching experiences include instruction and Internship Supervisor for Winthrop University in Rock Hill South Carolina as well as work for the Rock Hill and Union County School Districts and St. Anne Catholic School.
Nadine is currently working full time for School Specialty as a Subject Matter Expert in the Art division. She presents a wide variety of Art education workshops throughout the country for Elementary, Middle and High School teachers and Universities for Pre-Service teachers.
Mary Reilly received her BA with an emphasis in textile design from Mount Mary University in Wisconsin. She studied at the Wetterhoff Institute of Craft and Design in Hämeenlinna, Finland, as well as took numerous post-graduate courses in fine arts. Mary has over 15 years’ experience with Sax Arts & Crafts, developing and shaping a national team of Art Consultants who have conducted art education and professional development workshops to elementary, middle, and high school art educators across the United States and Canada.
Other highlights of Mary’s career include:
- Executive board member of the Council for Art Education, spearheading the national Youth Art Month celebration.
- Member of the National Art Education Association and the Wisconsin Art Education Association.
- Currently employed as the Subject Matter Expert for Sax / Art Division of School Specialty.
- Presenter at art education workshops throughout the country on a wide variety of art mediums and techniques.